The Google Maps : Companion.

It was the 1st day of year 2016. A new year. Happy New Year.

And my friend all of a sudden called me, and requested to make atleast one visit to his house. This visit was one of the most anticipated one. Not because of it was being carried out by me for the first time. But, because of me being adamant to visit friends' houses frequently, as societal norms. Before hanging up, my friend asked me - "route to pata hai na?" (Are you aware of route?). I said -"Ya! Ya! I will be there by 6pm, make some good arrangement for drinks"

....................................

Now, here was the word that I skipped during the conversation was "Route"

Route I know (Really?) Last time I went. Have to take straight road, then on the roundabout has to make a first exit. Then further to Subhramaniyam marg, and....umm..roundabout again comes...😁 then?? I am not sure, I was not sure.

But I will take it as a challenge, I saw clock it was 3pm. Still 3 hours.

.................................


Saw the clock -  4:30pm. Yeah the right time to start, given the traffic situation. Started the bike, and raced away. Now I was on road, familiar one. But, the challenge was coming, and started the series of roundabouts and exits. And shit! I did take a wrong exit, now will have to make an entire parikama (circumambulation). Better I behave smartly. I took out my mobile phone, clicked on the Google map icon, entered my location and destination. Few moments of processing, and the navigation route along with the Indian version voice of female greeted me. I inserted the jack of my headphones into themobile. And voila! Turn by turn I was guided, I made right exits, I travelled  400mtrs before making a U turn, I travelled 3kms and stayed on the same road as guided by the voice navigation. I stayed on where I was supposed to be. 


......................

5:45pm

"Your destination is on the left hand side."


The Google voice made an exit.


I reached the destination, smoothly.Which has not been possible by manual guidance or going by my sixth sense. 


😎



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delhi Gate

Aamir Khan

Lost Mobile