Bald Confessions

Bald confession

Well, not a boring long story. As you have seen or read somewhere. Its about me again. I am the protagonist. It happened, I felt the hairline  was receding. And god! Greying too. My pride and my crown was depleting. I didn't  complete my 30s and I was still, unmarried. And here, I was preoccupied with my thoughts and thoughts of others.

I was worried, all I can say.

In our lives there comes a moment when we have conversation diaoherea, when people loses subject to discuss, and comes the filler topic of personal front -physical appearances. And it's universal, as far my experience goes. The scapegoat is the already depressed (read: bald), who has been escaping since long when you people exchanged hi and hellos at some get together; to not be a centre of discussion, even remotely.

But is unlucky.

On a positive note some even help you, or at least show they are. And topic of hair fall is ubiquitous. It will pop in some how. It's  curious case of hair fall. And mind you, these sympathetic souls have full crop of hair, they even brush their hair or get them set with their fingers lingering in front of you and on top of it; to comfort you with that scornful line - 'don't worry'. And matter becomes interesting with them sharing their brother's or some distant relatives' bitter experience of hair fall. And flows suggestions and remedies from vouching treatments; Homeopathy, Ayurvedic, Yunani (Greek) or English medicines to hairoils.

And those who got some wrong impression of me being rich just because I paid for their burger and coke at some restaurant, even suggested some laser surgery where they put a fresh permanent crop of hair in your bald, patchy head.

Woes doesn't end here, it infringes your personal space, where you are being attacked directly by some superficial matters and their solutions. It happened recently and I lament why. While surfing the idiot box, my attention was caught by a hurriedly made full 40 mins TV commercial where some people from neighbourhood country who were facing the baldness problems were blaring out of their achievement. The dramatic commercial had all stupidity of acting and picturisation, the victims (actors) were being looked down for the mistakes  which was not theirs - baldness. 

It was funny for me, because whole commercial was made in a such a superficial way, and dubbed to Hindi language, to sympathise and laugh at baldness globally. To keep me glued a beautiful girl kept popping intermittently by caressing the hair of smart man. Then a man in a doctor's universal white robe and stethoscope kept telling greatness of science and miraculous feat by this xyz company, the oil which when applied, delivered results - unbelievable hair in six days (more than what cricketer Sachin Tendulkar used to have in his youthful days). And yes if visuals didn't make me fool, the bald man shown there was laughing his ass out in next frames.

On a peaceful, rainy night, I thought why so much of stress on colour of Skin, Hair, Height and looks. Why they are the only leftover traits of one's personality? Are we not getting over obsessed with outer shine only.Taking care of self is one thing but getting over obsessed with it. No. Why I am so bothered about cosmetic enhancement of my identity, when perhaps I can accentuate my other aspects. I felt our karma makes us charismatic, lovable and beautiful. And to a large extent outer appearance is momentary delusion, which gets justified the moment we rise, the moment we speak.

And baldness is sexy too. 

Attached image, for your reference. 

Here. No hair.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delhi Gate

Aamir Khan

Lost Mobile