The MOBILE artist

The MOBILE artist

Disclaimer : intentional boasting of my art work maybe palpable in the following columns.

Dear Reader,

They say art and artist are born and not made. So in my case you can follow the dictum - 'self praise is my recommendation' because I have become a momentary artist, a new found hobby. Indeed artists are born and not made. Each one of us have some hidden art or talent and artist inside us.  From doodling into last page of my notebook or diary to recent know how of mobile art, it has been a very short journey in quick succession. i have never been a good artist. There has been several reasons for it and to blame for. The first, i would blame is the 14 inch black & white television for 17 years which tortured my psyche during my childhood. It got reflected in my art classes, during primary schooling I doodled more with black strokes (pencil colours, crayon or poster colour, more black) :)

So, my art world was more black and white. my eyes became reluctant to accept the fact that a thatched roof mud house is not just a monotonous block but has colours like brown, yellow, green and intricate work of bhitichitra or so. It used to be same house with straws of palm and repetition. Then painting with theme - NATURE, used to be that predictable mountains, with center having a rising sun, clouds (they didn't require any symmetry so were perfectly etched by me) followed by emerging spiral shape river and grassland. Art and classes or hobbies were just limited to the the above mentioned themes.  It continued. all other colours were simply waste for me. just black - pencil, crayon or poster colour. It irritated my art teacher so much that he teared that drawing sheet -  out of frustration, because he felt a strange rebel and protest in my nonsense work. And as secondary level of education started, the  weight of books took more burden on mind. With studies and other temptations,  so called freedom of expression - the art, took backseat.

It was rediscovered only in November of last year, but in colour form. It was the canvas of 4" TFT screen with options of colours and eraser. Accidentally, i put some Cris-cross on my mobile phone's touch screen and found something sensible taking shape. i filled colours and it confirmed that i was not colour blind, as perceived by me more more than 27 years of my existence on the blue planet. The more I stroked the screen, some figures appeared and later realised that eureka! artist inside me was evolving. i named it the mobile artist. A novice like me is just an ounce in an ocean of art inclined hearts, out there. Let us see how far this new found hobby continues, because temptations are momentary, i guess.



A Village Woman

Promises Unfulfilled - My Heart will go on

The Reflection
Give Wings - Ride Carefree

The Unknown Child - RIP (16th December 2014 Pakistan Army School Massacre)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delhi Gate

Aamir Khan

Lost Mobile