I wish Freedom!

I wish Freedom!


An urchin watching a ragpicker. Maybe freedom in his mind.  Photo : Harish Benjwal
Happy Independence Day to all!

Yes! we turned 66th last midnight only. Great. If one starts going into memory lane he/she will learn that indeed a very long phase has just passed. The clarity of events on the fateful day of 15th August 1947 has gone into the feeble snapshots of black and white photographs, films and audio. It seems that the time was old and the days used to be dry, colourless. None of us, of present generation can relate with that era. It's difficult for us.

I remember my school days and the Independence Day as an eventful day-half day. That time we used to assemble in school premises, and after flag hoisting, cultural programmes and concluding national anthem, we used to get sweets (laddoos). The two laddoos used to be a very great thing, as they were the prized possession, of one of the day of the week, of a year that was beyond the regular schedule of academics or rot learning. For me the meaning of Independence was limited to the programmes, remembering or recognising khadi clad great leaders, sweets and yes half day!

The college days was beyond the shackles of  festivity of a day, of national importance. Neither anyone was interested. I was not an exception. I don't have any memory that what our college used to do on this day? or what they do now? The NCC (National Cadet Corps) had few takers, and who were in it (by their own accord or compulsion) were from humble background of villages. I guess as the school uniforms were gone, no time regulation, no eye on us so  maybe we achieved Independence by going to college. It was a gazetted holiday.

Now that i work hard, i earn and sacrifice my time and day, for me Independence day is a much needed holiday. I don't watch periodic/patriotism movie, because that make me sad. Not because of the sufferings of our freedom fighters but because of the dreams like bubble which they had. 66 years and there is still a lot to be achieved.

Today, I felt to write, and  am here with a proposal to the nation that instead of celebrating 15th August as a customary Independence Day, it should be changed into 'Action Day' after assessing the past year performance in sectors like, social, economic, education, health, science and technology, arts and culture and sports. This will help us to move ahead, by not going behind.

What Independence means to me now?

For me Independence is clarity of thoughts and maturity of it in our code of conduct/s.

For me Independence means to choose a career of choice with the government backing and financing our ambitions.

I will be happy when....

We will get Independence from this archaic law of 'Reservation'. 

I will be the most content person if the word 'Secular' mentioned in our Constitution is respected not verbally but in practicality too by every single citizen of India.

I will be the proud Indian when India will outshine the other countries in event like Olympic Games.

My tears will be unstoppable, in happiness when the brain drain will stop and our IITians, Doctors will come back to Swades. Their motherland needs them.

and i will die happily the day when i will see...

the educated, intellectual youth leading India!

Jai Hind!

Harish Benjwal
Delhi




Comments

Neeraj Benjwal said…
Wow great!!
Unknown said…
Excellent

Popular posts from this blog

Delhi Gate

Aamir Khan

Band Baja aur Baraat!